By Carolyn Webb, Sustain Ontario
Did you miss our Teaching Local Food Literacy webinar? It’s not too late! The recorded webinar and presentation slides are now available for you to view.
This webinar was the first in our Local Food Literacy in Ontario Schools webinar series. Recorded on November 30, 2016, this webinar provides tangible lessons for how to bring local food literacy education into the classroom.
Hosted by Carolyn Webb (Sustain Ontario’s Edible Education Network), with presentations from Coreen Jones and Catherine Hobbis (Ecosource), Katie German (FoodShare) and Kim McGibbon (Roots to Harvest), this webinar covers:
- Ideas for how to get students excited about local food
- Curriculum connections for various grade levels and subject areas
- Sample lesson plans and activities
- Answers to common questions
- Where to access more high-quality, ready to use resources.