Date: March 23, 2016
Time: 1:00–2:00 (EST – Eastern Time)
Sign Up for Webinar
Continuing the conversations from the Changing the Menu National School Food Conference, this webinar is an opportunity to continue to work together to change the menu for school food in Canada.
This webinar session will provide an opportunity to learn about:
- Role of policy to support changing the menu
- Policy development for sustainability
- Current state of school food and nutrition policies in Canada
- Examples of Canadian school food and nutrition policy initiatives
Meet Our Presenters:
- Mary McKenna is a Professor in the Faculty of Kinesiology at the University of New Brunswick (UNB) in Fredericton and a Registered Dietitian. Mary is a leading researcher on school nutrition policy in Canada and the research/policy lead for the Nourishing School Communities initiative.
- Deb Keen is the Director of Prevention and Research at the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC). In her role she is responsible for large scale projects focused on the development of evidence informed prevention programs and policies in provinces and territories.