By Carolyn Webb, Sustain Ontario
The recorded webinar and presentation slides from our Cooking Up Local Food Literacy in Ontario Schools are now available!
This webinar was the third in our Local Food Literacy in Ontario Schools webinar series. Recorded on March 22, 2017, this webinar focused on how to teach local food literacy while engaging students in preparing food in various school settings.
Hosted by Carolyn Webb (Sustain Ontario’s Edible Education Network), with presentations from Brooke Ziebell (FoodShare Toronto), Debbie Hylton (Toronto Public Health), and Andrew Fleet (Growing Chefs! Ontario) this webinar provides:
- Curriculum connections for various grade levels and subject areas.
- Resources to help you bring food preparation into all types of school settings.
- How and where schools can access local food.
- How to cook with food that has been harvested from the school garden.
- Ideas for how to get students excited about local food.
- Answers to common questions.
- Case study examples.