October 1 – 31, 2015
Join Farm to Cafeteria Canada for our
2nd annual Farm to School Month Campaign – a celebration of all that is
happening across Canada to get more healthy, local, and sustainable foods
into the minds and onto the plates of students.
Send us your artwork – a hand drawn picture, or a poem or a recipe. You could win a $2000 school garden grant or other great prizes.
Students in grades K-12 are encouraged to celebrate — with teachers, principals, parents, chefs, farmers and friends.
Farm to School celebrations can occur in the school garden, cafeteria, or classroom. They can also occur in the community — on a farm, at the market, or at the shore.
Principals, Teachers, Parents, it’s easy to enter to win a Farm to School prize:
1) Celebrate healthy, local foods with students during the month of October, 2015.
2) Encourage each student to submit artwork illustrating the Farm to School celebration.
3) Complete the attached registration form.
4) Use Canada post to mail us the registration form plus at least 1 piece of artwork created by a student.
There are many places and ways to celebrate the good work that is happening across Canada to connect children and youth to healthy, local and sustainable school food. Let your imagination be your guide.
Students please send us one of the following:
- A hand-drawn picture of your Farm to School celebration OR
- A poem about your Farm to school celebration OR
- A recipe of a local food snack or meal served at your celebration
- The artwork must be submitted on a single sheet of white 8.5 x 11” paper.
- It may take 1 of 3 forms.
- The artwork must be in colour.
- Your name, age, school, and grade must be written on the back of the picture. It must be clear and legible.
- Do not write on the front of the picture.
Teachers, parents, principals and school staff, registration is simple.
Download the registration form. Completely fill it out and sign it. Use Canada Post to mail the form plus at lease one piece of original artwork into the Farm to Cafeteria Head office. Forms must be completed by a representative of a Canadian school community serving students enrolled in grades K-12. Representatives must be 19 years or older. Registration packages must be postmarked no later than November 7, 2015.
*Please note. We require original artwork. We accept materials mailed into our office. We do not accept electronic or faxed materials.
On Friday, November 13, during Changing the Menu, Canada’s First National School Food Conference, an announcement will be made to declare the winners of the Farm to Cafeteria Canada’s 2nd Annual Farm to School Month Campaign.
Two draws will be made to award 2 Canadian schools a Farm to School educational resource kit.
A third draw will be made to award a single Canadian school the grand prize — a school garden grant valued at $2000.
The school garden grant is contributed by Whole Kids Foundation.
Additional information about Whole Kids Foundation Canadian School garden grants can be found here:
Eligibility to be entered into the draw:
- This draw is limited to Canadian schools, (K-12).
- The school must have participated in at least one activity to celebrate Farm to School Month Canada between October 1-31, 2015. At least one student must create one piece of artwork — a drawing, a poem or a recipe — of the celebration.
- The artwork must be submitted on a single sheet of white 8.5 x 11” paper. It may take 1 of 3 forms. It could be a:
1) A drawing of the Farm to School celebration in colour. Any medium to draw may be used. OR
2) A poem about the celebration. OR
3) A recipe for a healthy local foods served at the celebration.
The artwork must be in colour. The students name, age, school, and grade must be written on the back of the picture. It must be clear and legible. (Students should not write on the front of the picture.)
- A registration form must be completely filled out for each school that participates in an activity to celebrate Farm to School Month in Canada.
- Only one registration form per school is permitted.
- Registration forms may be found online and downloaded here:
- The registration form must be signed and dated by a representative of the school.
- The applicant must be 19 years of age or older.
- Please use Canada Post to submit your completed and signed registration forms plus at least 1 piece of artwork to the following address:
Farm to School Month Canada Campaign
c/o Farm to Cafeteria Canada
4445 Norfolk Street, Burnaby, BC V5G 4G3
*Please note. We require original artwork. We can not not accept electronic copies of materials or faxed materials.