Applications are now open for the 2022 Farm to School Canada Grants!
Offered in partnership with Whole Kids Foundation and delivered directly to schools, Farm to School Canada Grants are valued at up to $10,000 each and are designed to bring more healthy, local foods into school communities. They support hands-on food literacy, including growing, harvesting and cooking food at school; and school meal services, such as salad bars, that allow students to build their own bowls or create their own plates.
On November 22, 2021 F2CC held an instructional webinar to provide a step-by-step review of the grant application process. If you missed the Guide for applicants: 2022 Farm to School Canada Grants webinar you can find the recording here:
A French recording can also be found here.
Here is an overview of what was discussed during the webinar.
- 07:40 | Introduction to F2CC
- 08:42 | Farm to School Approach
- 12:30 | About the Farm to School Canada Grants
- 14:00 | Review of the application process & tips for proposals
- 22:30 | Designing & running a successful meal service
- 33:49 | Additional Resources
- 38:00 | Q & A
During the Q&A we had great questions like “Can the kitchen be an outdoor kitchen? Such as, a roof without walls, cob oven, crock pots etc?” and “Can schools that run a breakfast program apply for the grant?”
For answers to these and more, check out the recording, the Q&A period starts about 38 minutes into the recording.
Here are some quick links that may be helpful as you start your application process:
- Grant guidelines
- Grants application template only
- Note: This is for planning purposes only. Applications must be submitted using the online form
- Grants webpage
- F2S Resource Centre
- Grantee school stories