SAVE THE DATE: May 16 & 17, 2019
We invite you to join us on Canada’s West Coast, in beautiful Victoria, BC – the traditional territory of the L’kwungen speaking people from the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations, and the SENĆOŦEN speaking people of the W̱SÁNEĆ Nations.
This conference will gather over 450 expected participants from across the continent for an opportunity to learn, celebrate, share and inspire the movement to bring healthy, local, and sustainable foods to the minds and plates of students in Canada and beyond.
Farm to School is bigger than what kids eat for lunch; it is about cultivating healthy, well-nourished students while simultaneously creating strong communities and resilient, sustainable regional food systems. The conference is sure to be of interest to:
- Pre-school, School and Campus communities: campus faculty and administrators, procurement officers, chefs, early childhood educators, teachers, principals, parents, students, school district and school board representatives; school food program coordinators and funders
- Policy makers: government officials at various jurisdictional levels, particularly from education, advanced education, health, agriculture and environmental sectors
- Indigenous school staff and community members
- Health professionals: dietitians, environmental health officers, public health inspectors, community developers, and school nurses
- Non-governmental organizations: farm to school, school food and student nutrition, after-school food programs, food security, sustainable food systems, healthy schools and communities, food literacy, and food sovereignty
- School food supply chain representatives: farmers, fishers, food processors, food distributors, food suppliers, caterers, chefs, school/community-based gardens, representatives from farmer’s markets and community food hubs/centres
- Researchers and evaluation staff: studying school food, student nutrition, and sustainable food systems
- And anyone else who has an interest in the health and sustainability of people, place, and the planet!