Are you interested by the role that better food can play in delivering better health care? The Nourish leadership program has kicked off 5 collaborative projects and is looking for your engagement.
Each team approaches a different dimension of the disconnect between food in health care, for example: better understanding the patient experience of food in health, and addressing barriers to sustainable, local, and traditional food that supports health and healing. Specifically, their work relates to:
- Increasing the sector’s ability to deliver Traditional & Country Food Programs for Indigenous patients and residents
- Developing a Sustainable Menu Guide to help the sector decrease its ecological impact and support social and economic wellbeing
- Creating a more enabling policy environment for a Food is Health approach in health care
- Developing National RFP Models for values-based healthcare food purchasing
- Researching strategies for benchmarking National Patient Satisfaction/Experience with Food Services